The Asphalt Industry Alliance (AIA) is a partnership between the Mineral Products Association (MPA) and Eurobitume UK. We draw on the knowledge and experience of both organisations to increase awareness of the asphalt industry and to promote the uses and benefits of asphalt to specifiers, policymakers and the general public.
The AIA was established in 2000 and our work includes:
- Supporting local authorities in adopting a proactive ‘invest to save’ approach for road maintenance
- Highlighting the shortfall in local road maintenance funding and the disparity in funding between the local and strategic network
- Producing the Annual Local Authority Road Maintenance (ALARM) survey to provide a detailed picture of the condition of the local road network)
- Sponsoring the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Highway Maintenance
- Organising events to share best practice
- Promoting the benefits of asphalt and the on-going investment being made throughout the supply chain